The selection operator for the RVEA algorithm. Read the following paper for more
- class desdeo_emo.selection.APD_Select.APD_Select(pop: desdeo_emo.population.Population.Population, time_penalty_function: Callable, alpha: float = 2)
- The selection operator for the RVEA algorithm. Read the following paper for more
details. R. Cheng, Y. Jin, M. Olhofer and B. Sendhoff, A Reference Vector Guided Evolutionary Algorithm for Many-objective Optimization, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 2016
pop (Population) – The population instance
time_penalty_function (Callable) – A function that returns the time component in the penalty function.
alpha (float, optional) – The RVEA alpha parameter, by default 2
- do(pop: desdeo_emo.population.Population.Population, vectors: desdeo_emo.utilities.ReferenceVectors.ReferenceVectors) List[int]
Select individuals for mating on basis of Angle penalized distance.
- _partial_penalty_factor() float
- Calculate and return the partial penalty factor for APD calculation.
This calculation does not include the angle related terms, hence the name. If the calculated penalty is outside [0, 1], it will round it up/down to 0/1
The partial penalty value
- Return type: